Reduce Risk of Workplace Accidents with Low Temperature Fluid Bed Drying Systems
The right Biomass dryer or DDGS dryer can help you avoid fires, explosions, and safety violations
With biomass and DDGS drying come the inherent risk of fires, explosions, VOC emissions and fines. Energy-efficient fluid bed dryers from Ventilex facilitate high evaporation at low temperatures avoiding many of the accompanying safety and environmental hazards (and the heavy penalties that come with them).
Our energy efficient fluid bed dryers provide the highest evaporation at the lowest temperatures.
- Low product temperatures. Our drying air temperature never exceeds 250ºF [121° C] and our product temperature never exceeds 135ºF [57° C]. This means the machines can be operated safely and waste products can be recycled.
- Reduction in the oil that sticks to the equipment. This reduces the buildup of airborne solids and the thick buildup that can cause fire or an explosion.
- Low to no release of volatile oils into the air stream. This reduces your company’s emissions, which is better for your bottom line and the environment.
- No visible smoke and limited VOC release. Our drying systems often come in well below the required levels of TO or RTO. This puts you in favor with your local, state, and federal air quality officials and makes things easier on everyone, especially when trying to acquire or renew a permit.
Reduce Product Damage and Waste with a Low-Temperature Biomass Fluid Bed Drying System
Biomass processing frequently involves material with high moisture content, a wide variety of particle sizes and strong odors. Ventilex fluid bed dryers use low-temperature to provide the high evaporation required to prevent product damage and waste. Our machines use a gentle, cam-drive shaking motion that helps to preserve the quality of your product without altering your production time.
Our highly-developed, proprietary PLC and MCC process controls offer distinct advantages for biomass and DDGS drying:
- “Syrup” levels can be varied over a great range without the fear of burning or lumps occurring, making “syrup balls” a thing of the past
- The product recirculation and mixing feature allows you to process slurry-like products
- The need for cooling is eliminated (in some applications) because the material never agglomerates and pneumatic conveying will reduce the product temperature to under 110-115ºF [43-46° C] in a short distance
- The option of including an integrated “cooler” in the same fluid bed dryer lowers setup and operations costs as well as processing times