Ventilex Fluid Bed Dryer for bulk processes
Do you wish to dry and/or cool food products, animal feed, minerals, or chemicals in an energy-efficient way?
Then a Ventilex Fluid Bed Dryer, or Fluidized Bed, is the equipment of choice!
In the Ventilex fluidized, or fluid bed, updrafts of gas or air cause a solid substance to behave like a fluid. The mechanic shaking motion of the fluid bed enhances this effect, swiftly causing optimum heat transfer and uniform results. The fluidisation technology is the best choice for thermal processing of powders, granules, agglomerates, pellets, flakes and noodles.
Main advantages of our fluid bed technology
- Energy-efficient: significantly reducing energy costs
- High efficiency also means relative short drying time, so best possible solution for thermo sensitive products
- An exclusive “shaking” motion that allows first-in, first-out drying of products with low G-forces -> no product damage
- Uniform drying: no Hot Spots in fluidized beds due to excellent mixing of product -> reducing waste
Get in touch
Optimal and uniform drying results
In the Ventilex fluidized, or fluid bed, updrafts of gas or air cause a solid substance to behave like a fluid. The mechanic shaking motion of the fluid bed enhances this effect, swiftly causing high heat transfer and uniform results.
By choosing the proper combination of airspeed and mechanical motion, products with a large variation in particle size can be treated efficiently and with a minimum of dust formation.
By gently shaking the product up-and-down, an optimal and uniform drying result can be achieved at a lower temperature and with a shorter residence time. This makes fluid beds the most energy-efficient drying solutions in their league.
It’s a Ventilex!
- Plug Flow: uniform and gentle drying
- Accurate product temperature control
- Also for fragile products -> not damaging the product
- Also for abrasive materials -> no excessive wear of M/C
- Long life-time, reliable dryers
- High sanitation, hygienic standard
- Low maintenance
- High energy savings – up to 40%
Alternative applications of the Ventilex Fluid Bed
Apart from drying and cooling, our fluid bed can also be used for the following thermal processes:
- Cooling (evaporatively)
- Deactivating enzyme
- Inert gas drying
- Steam stripping