How we help the meat industry beat bacterial and viral infections
The meat processing industry suffers enormously following the COVID-19 pandemic
The global meat industry has been hit disproportionally hard by the recent COVID-19 crisis. There are numerous reports of severe COVID-19 outbreaks within meat processing facilities, covering all of Europe, the Unites States and many other parts of the world. Our data analysis shows:
- Economic pain: meat processors production volume is down to between 20 and 30% in comparison to one year ago
- Disproportionate infection rates: meat plant employees are infected 3 to 5 times more than the average population in a country
- Plant shut downs: outbreaks rapidly infect large groups, between 25 to 50% of the plant population, forcing plants to shut down
Those sad facts, coupled with all too many previous health issues and scandals in the meat processing industry, make the case for change greater than ever. Additional government health & safety regulations are just a matter of time. Needless to say: this puts enormous pressure on this industry.
The reasons for the incredibly high infection rate are reported to be a lack of physical distance at the production lines, crowded housing facilities and perverted economic incentives to work when ill.
However, the single most important cause of the high infection rate is that chilled air in the facilities is often recycled continuously without anti-viral and anti-bacterial treatment.
Ventilex DryGenic® Air Dehumidifier kills and removes 97% of airborne bacteria, viruses and molds
In 1961, Ventilex introduced its innovation called DryGenic® for the first time. This patented, proprietary system offers our customers unparalleled benefits:
- Reliable, highly accurate control of air flow and humidity, regardless of air inlet conditions
- Large air volumes of up to 120,000 m3/h and up to 2,000 kg/h moisture removal
- Kills and removes 97% of airborne bacteria, viruses and molds, thus supplying sterile air to production rooms
- No breeding ground for bacteria due to the lack of “wet” sensitive cooling coils
- No condensation on the product, drastically improving shelf life
- No condensation on the ceiling, walls or equipment so that icing, wet rooms and wet tools are non-existent, thus reducing cleaning works, increasing safety and enhancing productivity
- Energy saving, reducing energy consumption up to 60% versus traditional air handling units
- Minimal maintenance time and costs, with a service life of 30 years or more
Ventilex has grown to be a world leader in dehumidification solutions for the meat processing market. Our Ventilex DryGenic® systems are found in over 500 facilities in 45 countries globally.
How we can help provide sterile, dehumidified air at minimal operational costs
The importance of good hygiene is sky-high, especially nowadays in the context of COVID-19. Superb product goes hand in hand with a healthy and safe working environment. This is where we as Ventilex come in.
With our air dehumidifiers, customized to your specific plant’s needs, we help to deliver longer shelf life whilst taking the best care of the workers in the production area.
This is how we ensure maximum uptime and energy savings, while also reducing the time lost for cleaning and maintenance.
A pleasant and safe working environment is our priority.
Get in touch
Need an expert?
Contact Erik Heukels. He will gladly answer your questions:
✆ +31 6 290 654 82