Ventilex Fluid Beds – the Shaking Transport
Ventilex Fluidized Beds are known worldwide for their high quality and operational efficiency. Our Fluid Beds are used in all industries where drying and cooling are elements of the production process. This includes food products, sand, medicines, nutraceuticals, minerals, and a variety of other industries.
How a Fluid Bed Dryer works
In a Fluidized Bed, a product or solid is made fluid by an upward-moving flow of gas. The mechanical movement of the Fluidized Bed strengthens this effect, mixing gas and product so that high heat transfer and an optimum physical reaction speed are achieved. By choosing the right combination of gas speed and mechanical movement, you can process granular products with a wide range of grain sizes successfully while minimizing dust and fines, increasing yield.
- A mechanically simple, dependable, and reliable transport design
- An exclusive “shaking” motion that allows first-in, first-out drying of products. Heat time and temperature are controlled to create the most desirable effect.
- Consistent, predictable results that are never over or under dried
- Fluidization or sub-fluidization of your product (when longer times in the dryer are needed), allowing for precise control of process-required plug flow characteristics
- Heavy duty, robust product transport that assures low-maintenance, dependability, and long equipment life
Ventilex High Temperature Design
Our dryers operate at temperatures ranging from -15° C to +600° C [5° to 1112° F] with gas speeds varying from 0.2 to 3 m/sec. We are the only fluid bed dryer manufacturer delivering a product capable of achieving steady state air temperature drying of 600° C [1112° F]! These high temperatures result in more drying air volume, which means greener, more sustainable process characteristics and remarkable energy efficiency. Ventilex systems energy efficiency results in lower operating costs for your process, while our simple drive, high quality materials, and minimal dust or fines formation lower maintenance costs and increase yields, as well.
We manufacture Fluid Beds for all different types of applications. Knowing that no two applications are exactly alike, we take an engineered and systems approach for each installation. For Dairy, Food, and Hygienic applications, we offer our CIP design. For inert materials, we offer our High Temperature Design. Ventilex takes pride in matching our design to your fluid bed dryer needs, which results in cost savings for you.
Ventilex can custom design and build a fluid bed dryer, cooler, or sterilizer to meet your requirements, no matter how strict.
Features of Ventilex fluidized bed dryers include:
- Engineered for specific products
- High energy efficiency that can save 40-60% or more on steam/gas/oil costs
- Use of shaking, not vibration, so there are fewer moving parts and less maintenance
- Air drying temperature up to 600° C [1112° F]
- Fully automatic operation
- Sub-fluidization plug flow and first-in, first-out technology
- Gentle on materials
- Well-mixed fluidization, which covers the entire spectrum and is able to accurately control the spread of residence time
- Designed to withstand the harshest applications
- USDA accepted! Our fluid bed dryers exceed all USDA and FDA criteria for hygiene and cleanliness in the dairy, food, and pharmaceutical industries.
- Complete CIP-able with full drainage. There are no cracks, no corners, and no product buildup points on designs that are based on USDA and FDA guidelines